Friday, May 21, 2010

Work to Bike

(Image grabbed from Treehugger.com)

Today is Bike to Work Day and I just got back from a bike ride. It's been a few decades since I owned an automobile and for most of those years, every day was bike to work day for me. For a couple of those years, bike commuting was actually my job. These days, I have to confess, I don't bike to work. The Bicycle Center is four blocks from my home. I walk there. It would take me longer to unlock and lock my bike than it does to walk. And all that time I save by having such a short commute? I spend it doing fun things, like biking.

In honor of Bike to Work Day, here are a couple of links to some questions I asked a few years ago. I found the answers interesting then and I still do.

Why Do You Commute By Bicycle?


Why Don't You Commute By Bicycle?

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA

No comments:

Post a Comment