Monday, April 19, 2010

John Burke Talks Sense To The Bicycle Industry

John Burke visited the Bicycle Center today. John Burke is the president of Trek, the largest bicycle company in the United States. The Bicycle Center is a small shop (our entire staff is 4 people!) in a small town (Issaquah, Washington). John introduced himself this way, "Hi, I'm John. I work at Trek." "Hi," I replied, "I'm Kent. I work here."

John is a good, down to earth guy. John succeeds in business by making a good product and selling that product through a network of good dealers. And if you want to know how to succeed in the bike business, it's probably worth about twenty-four minutes of your time to watch the video below. It's from a couple of years ago but the message is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment