Thursday, April 26, 2012

#30DaysofBiking: Wetlands, Waterfowl and a Wonderful Wind Map


For today's #30DaysofBiking, I visited the wetland areas in the State Park at the south end of Lake Sammamish. This is lovely bit of damp green land is home to a wide range of creatures and while I saw a bald eagle, the geese and the ducks were the creatures who stayed still long enough to put up with my  attempts at photography.







Today is the "W" day in my alphablogging and even though today isn't particularly windy here, I want to direct your attention to the wonderful wind map at:

http://hint.fm/wind/

Click the link, it's worth it. It's real time map of the US, showing the current wind flow. Click anywhere on the map to zoom in, click and drag to move it. Pretty cool, eh?

I stopped for groceries on my way home from the wetlands.

6 miles for the day.

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA

No comments:

Post a Comment